Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Give me your Forever...

Today is my 10 year anniversary. It's amazing how quickly ten years have passed. That's a good sign, I suppose. When you're happy, there never seems to be enough time.

I thought I would share the anniversary card I have been working on. The photography was done by Charles Wells on color film. That's right, F.I.L.M. Kickin it old school.

Anyway, I scanned these in and manipulated them a bit. I know most photographers do not like it when people do that to their work, but since they are pictures of me I feel alright about it. I was going for a fairytale feel since that was a big theme of our wedding AND since I'm a big mushy mush.

The first one is the one that made the final cut -  mainly because this photo was a very genuine moment for us. We were literally just married and had walked down the aisle and around the corner, away from everyone. It was our first moment alone (or so we thought) as husband and wife. I'm fond of this picture for two reasons: 1. Because I remember this moment vividly, a decade later. 2. Because I love photos of people when they are unaware they are being photographed.



Here is the other one I was working on. Again, going for that storybook mood, but it seemed to turn out more like a tintype from the Civil War or something! While I love tintypes, they always feel a little creepy to me. And creepy isn't really the message one should be sending in an anniversary card.

1 comment:

  1. You two look so great, and in love. :-) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete